[mythtv-users] Parental Control in MythVideo

Scott Smith pickle136 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 5 02:35:47 UTC 2019

I have my video collection and I dont auto import any meta data. I  want to setup a parental control on some videos.I setup the starting level at 1 and set a pin for level 4 (2 and 3 are clear).I just need to have some videos with a high setting and other on the open setting.

I then setup the level 4 setting to all the videos I wanted filtered. The videos were filtered correctly on this FE #1.I went to my FE #2 and set the same code setup as the FE #1, but I found also none of the values for the level are set on the videos themselves so everything is viewable.
I thought i had to run the scan for videos option to bring in the new settings. That didnt change anything on FE #2
Went back to FE#1 and it totally blew away my settings and reset everything back to level 1.This works the other way too.

Other point I dont know it matters thought, FE #1 is on same PC as the backend and set to actual path to the videos.FE #2 is using default storage groups.

What is the correct way to set levels and get them to be persistent?What is the point if a video scan blows away any previous data? and without asking for the code.Also minor point if i start with a low level (1) how to do trigger it to ask for the code to go to (4)?

Thanks to anyone that get me in the right direction.
Scott