[mythtv-users] leanfront-mythtv experimental Android TV application

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 13:52:15 UTC 2019

> Since I reported my issues with leanfront, I have successfully view some episodes of a program without issues.  I left the leanfront alone and watched some mythtv backend programs using Android Mythtv frontend and then went back to leanfront.  I guess it realized pitching a tantrum was not productive and it decided to cooperate.  :-)
>
> If you could make the the direction arrows work in leanfront like they do in mythfrontend, that could be great. I’d also find a delete option useful for when you are done with a program.
>
> If it’s possible to add date information to the thumbnails of the episodes that would be helpful as well.
>
> The playback is very very good with leanfront.
>
> Jim A

So I got the problem to occur again.  If I’m navigating from the highest level of the interface where I see on the left “All” and “Default”, I can go into listed programs and their episodes but sometimes the background surrounding those thumbnails of the programs disappear and the background is the Shield TV home screen.  I can move around ignoring the Shield home screen and focus on the thumbnails and select a program.

So it’s not like leanfront crashed, but like the background where all the thumbnails gets displayed goes away or gets overwritten by the Shield home screen.

Jim A