[mythtv-users] UPnP - what happened from 0.28?

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Sat Nov 2 11:09:00 UTC 2019

recently i've been looking into other options for video playback on my network. Mostly down to an smb playback bug in VLC i've been encountering where i can no longer stream video via SMB from my server. Not that i'm dropping Mythtv but rather looking into providing content easier to various devices.
Initially i thought UPnP would be the tool for the job but looking into it, the wiki page seems to sugest UPnP is broken in the recent mythtv releases (https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/UPnP_Client_Info#Software_UPnP_Clients).

fwiw, i'm on v30. The wiki shows something changing/breaking in 28.
is there another tech i could use?