[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu Repo: 0.30-master ARM64 has schema 1348, while 0.30-fixes AMD64 has schema 1350

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Fri May 31 05:25:05 UTC 2019

On 30/05/2019 23:00, jk90090 wrote:
> Today I'm testing out a nice new Jetson Nano, which Nvidia provides an
> install of Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS for.  Installed Ubuntu, added the
> mythbuntu 30 repo, installed the mythtv-frontend package which only
> installs 30.0~master.20181118.  It seems the repo is only daily
> compiling ~fixes on amd64 and i386.  arm64's latest is the
> aforementioned master only.
>

> Fired up frontend and bam, hit with the dreaded error "MythTV database
> has newer TV schema (1350) than expected (1348).
>

> Now this troubles me because my backend and main frontend are both
> running the 30.0~fixes from earlier this month, and having a newer
> schema on fixes versus master really poses a blocker for me now.
>

> So, am I faced with having to pull down the latest fixes GIT branch
> and compiling MythTV on my own just to get this frontend to work, or
> is there secret tip I've missed in my googling?
>

> Is the mythbuntu master actually broken for arm64 ?  Seems like Schema
> 1348 was in a 30.0~Pre, so why it's in this master is a little baffling.
>

> -JK

Don't know about mythtv 30, but for master (31pre) the mythbuntu ppa 31
did not work, so I had to build from source.

See this post
https://lists.gt.net/mythtv/users/624696?search_string=jetson;#624696

As mentioned in the post, there was no tegra GPU acceleration, only
software via ffmpeg.

For the building from source just install the build depends (30)
manually see

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Build_from_Source#Installing_Build_Dependencies_without_Ansible

Mike