[mythtv-users] BE3 - Issues with installation and database

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon May 27 09:48:14 UTC 2019

On Sun, 26 May 2019 13:15:27 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi Bill!
>

>Try: mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | sudo mysql mysql
>
>    Preface: Ethernet cable is plugged in, config.xml to localhost.
>

>    mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | sudo mysql mysql
>
>    It complained a bit (byte? <joke>):
>

>    barry at Backend-3:~$ mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | sudo
>    mysql mysql[sudo] password for barry:
>
>    Warning: Unable to load '/usr/share/zoneinfo/leap-seconds.list' as
>    time zone. Skipping it.

That warning is normal - I can remember getting it.

>    barry at Backend-3:~$
>

>    mythtv-setup ==>
>
>    OK, it now wants to upgrade a schema (note: BU in /tmp)

Again, this is normal as the version of MythTV you have installed is
later than the schema that was created.  It will automatically do the
upgrades to get to the schema version needed.

>    Ooo! Now get the (1) General (2) Capture Cards
 screen!!! :) Will
>    upload this and then do the backend configuration.
>

>    So a maybe a combination of the time zone file and a bad schema??

Just the timeszones problem - loading the timezone data into MariaDB's
"mysql" database has fixed the problem.