[mythtv-users] system program problem detected

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Sun May 26 19:53:41 UTC 2019

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 1:58 PM Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 10:48 AM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On 5/20/19 10:30 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
>>
>> Greetings Mythizens, lately I've been getting a notification, that a
>> problem has been detected but no option for details, just report or cancel.
>> Tonight (may 20th) around 8:30 pm-ish I lost contact with the BE, reboot at
>> 9 pm solved it and recordings started. here is the log:
>>
>> http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/rJqdXnfM28/
>>
>> Can anyone see how I might remedy this?  TIA  Daryl

>> If you are using Ubuntu and you get a pop-up message that a system
>> problem has occurred it indicates that some process in the system has
>> crashed. It is likely something unrelated to mythtv. You can click on the
>> "more information" to see what crashed. You can also look in /var/crash,
>> which is where the dumps are stored. If that does not show a mythtv
>> process, then you can either ignore the message or try to fix the process
>> that has been crashing.
>

> This is the Linux-image crash log:
>  http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/GxwZT7YBcp/
>
> This is the mythtv frontend.real crash log:
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/K3wppb9SXm/
>
> This is the sound converter crash log:
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/9FkZytCDK5/
>
> These are the only logs in /var/crash, TIA.
>
> I used to be able to see the "more information" but not lately, just
> "report" or "cancel"

I found this at the bottom of the crash log:
 UnreportableReason:
 You have some obsolete package versions installed. Please upgrade the
following packages and check if the problem still occurs:

 python3-urllib3
_MarkForUpload: True

So I :
daryl at trieli:~$ sudo apt upgrade -y python3-urllib3
[sudo] password for daryl:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
python3-urllib3 is already the newest version (1.22-1ubuntu0.18.04.1).
Calculating upgrade... Done
daryl at trieli:~$
Still scratching my head here, any ideas?