[mythtv-users] Tuning fails on Nova S2 HD with "Error parsing parameters" 29.1

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun May 26 02:44:15 UTC 2019

On Sat, 25 May 2019 19:04:22 +0100, you wrote:

>I've been using MythTV for many years now, with the same set of three
>capture devices, while upgrading the OS on a regular basis and taking on
>new MythTV versions (although not yet 30). I tried to perform a retune
>the other day and it failed on just one of the capture devices (an old
>Nova S2 HD). I get a message box appear saying "Error parsing
>parameters". I can see no errors in the logs. The other devices, a Nova
>T 500 and a Nanostick, are both working fine. All three devices record
>perfectly well; the problem is only with tuning. I'm using v 29.1
>
>Anybody have any advice? Anyone know of any MythTV changes that may have
>caused this, or how best to track down the cause.
>
>Cheers,
>	Paul.

The change that comes to mind is that selecting between DVB-S and
DVB-S2 mode now has to be done by MythTV as it has been taken out of
the drivers.  Previously, many drivers automatically selected between
DVB-S and DVB-S2 without being told to, and doing that actually
violates the specifications for the Linux DVB API.  Also, MythTV
previously used to use the DVBAPI v3, and now may be using DVBAPI v5.