[mythtv-users] Remote and blaster without LIRC?

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Thu May 23 01:27:05 UTC 2019

On 5/21/2019 10:33 PM, Rick wrote:
> On 5/21/2019 9:46 PM, Don Brett wrote:
>> before going there, I want to take a shot at MyBlaster.pl; it's a
>> pretty old script that was open-sourced years ago.  At first glance,
>> it looks promising, but who knows.
>>
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/myblaster/files/
>>
>> By the way, he references the USB device as /dev/ttyUSBX, but Ubuntu
>> has no such critter.  I have /dev/bus/usb/001/002.  When I use it, I
>> get an ioctl error; suggestions appreciated.
>>
>> Don
>
> I think that script is for the myblaster which is no longer made. They
> made a serial device and a usb device. They worked beautifully without
> the need for that misbegotten lirc. If someone here no longer uses
> theirs you may be able to convince them to pass it along.
>
> rick

OK, that probably explains the error,

don at johnny:~/Downloads/MyBlaster1.4.1$ sudo ./MyBlaster.pl
getattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device

It validates file vs. device.  That's a general error reported when the
device doesn't answer correctly.  I was hoping it would be compatible
with MCE hardware....probably no-such-luck.  On to plan-c, unwind the
ir-keytable approach and start over with LIRC.

I've already run Stephen's script, which went well.  I'll continue with
configuration next.

Don

---