[mythtv-users] Android frontend for FireTv cube 4k?

mythtv mythtv at mdabbs.org
Sat May 18 23:08:20 UTC 2019

On 5/17/19 3:10 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 5/17/19 12:04 PM, mythtv wrote:
>> I tried one of the latest android builds from the ticket. I can
>> actually get audio now, but only stereo. When I try to play a movie
>> with digital audio, it seems to want to convert everything to LPCM
>> stereo. That's what my receiver says its receiving.
>
> Did you follow the instructions in the ticket?
>
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13446#comment:5
>
> See "To use AudioTrack on Android" in the comment
>
> There is also a new build see comment 11
>
> Peter

Yea, I followed those instructions. I am getting similar results to
mspieth:

* In audio setup, selected 5.1 with upconvert best, then test speakers,
  surround left and right come out of front left and right, and lfe comes
  out of center.

When I play a movie with digital audio, my amp says it's only receiving
stereo LPCM.

I tried the build from comment 11. That's the only build I tried
actually. I have a Fire Stick 4k. I set the audio in Android to Best
Available. I set the audio output device to AudioTrack in Myth and I
checked all of the formats. My receiver is capable of decoding all of
them. It is a 7.1 receiver but I only have a 5.1 speaker setup so I set
the number of channels to 5.1.