[mythtv-users] SD json vs SD original

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Sat May 18 19:31:46 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have (3) SD lineups and am having a hard time wrapping my head around the
SD json setup.

I see mythfilldatabase looks for LINEUPNAME.xmltv for it's config files and
that part is just fine in the directions on the wiki.

The part I am confused about is that when I run:

./tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --configure --config-file
/root/.xmltv/uVerse.xmltv

Result:
tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite uses a local database for downloaded EPG data.
Please specify the database name created via tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite
--manage-lineups
Database for Schedules Direct EPG: [/root/.xmltv/SchedulesDirect.DB]
/root/.xmltv/uVerse.db
Initializing database /root/.xmltv/uVerse.db
Upgrading database to version 2
Your database is not configured to access the Schedules Direct service
(the username or the password hash is not available in the settings table)
Please re-run tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --manage-lineups and then
tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --configure

This leaves me with a uVerse.xmltv.TMP file with nothing but the database
in it.

I can then run the 2 other referenced commands and in fact my channels are
populated in the database (for all lineups).

I then try to run mythfilldatabase and it tells me the config file is
truncated.

So I guess my questions are:

1.   Do I use the same database file for all configs.
2.  Am I doing this correctly - I would assume there is a way to separate
the channels for each lineup, but all tries of using all of the
--manage-lineups option have never only had one lineup left in the database
in them when I finish.  This seems incorrect to me.

Thanks anyone for some pointers.

-Greg