[mythtv-users] Android frontend for FireTv cube 4k?

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Fri May 17 16:27:08 UTC 2019

On 17/05/2019 17:04, mythtv wrote:

>>> Peter - I just got a brand new FireTV 4K and tried out
>>>   - mythfrontend-20190414-arm-v30.0-43-g5a67176bf90.apk
>>>
>>> Worked first time with no UI issues.
>>>
>>> Are they any plans to implement frame rate switching in the Android
>>> version of mythtv?
>>>
>> Not as far as I know, but Mark Kendall is working on improvements to
>> the rendering support. He may have some plans for that..
>>
>> Peter

> I tried one of the latest android builds from the ticket. I can actually
> get audio now, but only stereo. When I try to play a movie with digital
> audio, it seems to want to convert everything to LPCM stereo. That's
> what my receiver says its receiving.

I tried the 32-bit build from #13446 comment 10 too, although I have
only stereo hardware.  I managed to provoke a hang-needing-restart
during some playback/skip operation but didn't investigate further.

I too would like a 50Hz option, to match my recordings; smooth motion
does look slightly unsmooth at present.  I tried the device's match
framerate option but didn't see any difference.

John P