[mythtv-users] NVIDIA Jetson Nano as Frontend?

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Thu May 9 18:13:36 UTC 2019

On 08/05/2019 13:49, Charlie Myth wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 at 17:59, Will Dormann <wdormann at gmail.com
> <mailto:wdormann at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 4/12/19 11:00 AM, Mike Bibbings wrote:
>     > Note that all playback (SD and HD) uses ffmpeg, not the tegra GPU
>

> Would this be able to do the hardware decoding and de-interlacing
> using NVDEC? https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13357#no1
>
> Possibly in 30.1?

I have tried source build of mythtv master, which should have nvdec
support, but  ./configure reports "nvdec no", even with switch --enable
nvdec.

Also a recent NVIDIA post indicates no support with ffmpeg on jetson
nano see
https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1051471/ffmpeg-build-with-nvdec-or-cuvid-for-hw-accelerated-decoding/

Mike