[mythtv-users] Getting GUI Error message, when opening the MythTV Browser page.

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu May 9 16:18:50 UTC 2019

On Thu, 9 May 2019 17:05:59 +0200, you wrote:

>I can log in to the DB using the mythtv User, but not able as root. I dont
>have the password and also getting the below Error.
>
>miro at mythbox:/etc/mythtv$ sudo mysql -u root mythconverg
>ERROR 1524 (HY000): Plugin 'mysqlnativepassword' is not loaded
>miro at mythbox:/etc/mythtv$ sudo mysql -u root
>ERROR 1524 (HY000): Plugin 'mysqlnativepassword' is not loaded
>miro at mythbox:/etc/mythtv$

I have never met that problem before, but try it looks like it is
trying to get the root password from the operating system and does not
have the plugin to do that.  So try with -p and it should ask for the
root password:

sudo mysql -u root -p mythconverg

And if that does not work try just:

sudo mysql

If that fails, there used to be an obscure bug with caching of
passwords, the easiest fix for which is to restart MySQL (or reboot):

sudo systemctl restart mysql

If you do not have a root password set, use this command to set it:

sudo passwd