[mythtv-users] Firewire 6200ch can't set port

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Tue May 7 09:43:22 UTC 2019

> On Mon, May 6, 2019 at 2:08 PM DryHeat122 . <dryheat122 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> You mean on the STB or the MythTV machine?  I don't know the answer for
>> either, but I had a firewire channel changer working on the MythTV box with
>> the previous STB I had. The cable company made me change it >:-(

On your PC.  To find out run lspci to identify the firewire board then
google it and you should be able to figure out the chipset.  In the past,
some of the non-TI chipset boards would work only with select devices (and
usually unreliably); my experience was that replacing them with a better
TI-based PCI board worked almost every time.