[mythtv-users] Trouble compiling 6200ch

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat May 4 04:36:32 UTC 2019

On Fri, 3 May 2019 16:03:01 -0700, you wrote:

>I'm trying to compile 6200ch and an getting the error:
>/usr/include/libavc1394/rom1394.h:27:32: fatal error: libraw/raw1394.h no
>such file or directory.
>
>Was looking around for others with the same problem. One suggested
>installing libraw1394-dev, which I did, but no help.
>
>Anyone know what is wrong?

On my Ubuntu 18.04 system, I run this command to find where files are
or what package to install:

root at mypvr:~# apt-file search raw1394.h
libraw1394-dev: /usr/include/libraw1394/raw1394.h

To use apt-file, you need to have installed the apt-file package, and
to run "apt-file update" for it to download the latest package
information.

So it looks like the advice to install libraw1394-dev was correct.  So
maybe your include paths for the compile need adjusting to add that
directory.

If you have the mlocate package installed, you can run "updatedb" to
get it to scan all your files and then "locate raw1394.h" to see where
you have copies of that file.  You only need to run updatedb if you
recently installed things - it gets run automatically every day by the
anacron cron.daily task.