[mythtv-users] Channel Scan Issue

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 19:33:36 UTC 2019

On 3/28/19 4:24 PM, Allen Edwards wrote:

> OK, then on 3/13/2020 Virtual channel 2 moves from real channel 44 to 31.
> Can I just go into MythWeb and change TB Channelinfo freqid for the four
> sub channum's associated with channel 2 from 44 to a 31? Or do I need to do
> a rescan on all the tuners?

Just changing the freqid won't help. Here's an example:

+--------+----------+---------------------------------+---------+--------+-----------+
| chanid | callsign | xmltvid                         | mplexid | freqid | serviceid |
|   1321 | WFLD     | I20361.json.schedulesdirect.org |       7 | 31     |         3 |
|   1501 | WPWR     | I34662.json.schedulesdirect.org |       7 | 31     |         7 |

WPWR had a different mplexid, freqid and serviceid. Now the mplexid and freqid are
the same. The serviceid is the unique part. [mplexid is just an index into another
MythTV table]

--
Bill