[mythtv-users] mythfrontend on Nvidia Shield

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 14:45:47 UTC 2019

On 15/03/2019 04:37, George Bingham wrote:

> I know many of you are thinking "well Duh! that's mythtv's whole point"
> but since many folks on this list claim that they don't use commercial
> detection because it's not perfect - it makes me wonder if they know how
> easy it is to "correct" the commercial skip.
>
> Just hoping that this helps someone get more satisfaction out of using
> mythtv!!

I do this too - except that I have never run commflag.  Of course many
of my recordings are from the BBC and don't have 'commercials' as such;
but they promote other BBC stuff with great enthusiasm.

On TV recordings I use the editor, usually with skip lengths between 1
minute and 1 keyframe, which gives completely acceptable control unless
one is aiming to do 'real' video editing.

With DVB radio the smallest 'supported' step size is 1 second, but the
half-second step can be used to cut with a real granularity of 1/3
seconds with some experimenting.

After that, which usually takes 'a few' minutes, myth will play with no
need for stepping;  I usually go on to remove the cuts altogether, which
saves a lot of disk space.

John P