[mythtv-users] Sudden issue with HDHomeRun on network switch?

glen glenb at glenb.us
Fri Mar 15 01:59:30 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-03-14 at 21:45 -0400, Tom Dexter wrote:
> On 3/14/19, glen <glenb at glenb.us> wrote:
> > > >

> > > The HDHR (at least this model) doesn't support static IPs.
> > > I'msettingit based on MAC address with my router's DHCP server
> > > (aLinksysWRT1900ACS running dd-wrt). Note that it was totally
> > > droppingthe linkitself, which doesn't sound like a DHCP issue.
> > > When it keepsthe linkit gets it's IP with no
> > > problem.Thanks!Tom_______________________________________________
> > > http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
> > > MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org
> >
> > this is a really odd problem, one more thought; is it possible to
> > putan older firmware on ? maybe your existing onessilently updated
> > orsomething and the new ones have the latest and somehow it can't
> > bemanaged in the table the switch maintains. i know some of the
> > hdhrdon't let you go to older firmware.
>
> I think you missed part of this: Both the old and the new HDHR
> dropthe link when connected to the switch but not when connected to
> therouter. It's seeming more like an issue with the switch.

no i didn't miss it, it was just a longshot, that perhaps the hdhr when
interacting with that switch is not gettingonto the table maintained by
the switch, and since it once did, i was thinking possibly firmware
change which would explain why the new ones don't connect either. but
easiest to try a different switch since they work directly connectedto
router