[mythtv-users] lircd unreliable after Ubuntu upgrade 16.04 > 18.04

Zach Cutlip uid000 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 17:47:37 UTC 2019

Hello,

After upgrading my MythTV setup from Ubuntu 16.04 (lirc 0.9.0) to
Ubuntu 18.04 (lirc 0.10.0), and jumping through various hoops to get
lircd working again, I'm finding it to be very unreliable.

Lircd, my remote, and my IR receiver worked beautifully before the
upgrade, and was buttery smooth for years. Now, it does work, but
seems to miss a lot of commands. It will respond smoothly to, say, 8
or 10 commands, and then miss the next 10 or 15 commands. I don't see
any correlation between specific remote commands and responsiveness.
I'm using the exact same remote config as before. I've also tested
running lircd manually with debug/trace output. I don't see anything
in the output other than confirmation of lircd failing to decode
commands as I press buttons.

Any suggestions, or things to try?

Thanks,
Zach