[mythtv-users] mythfrontend on Nvidia Shield

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 13:27:11 UTC 2019

First off, the Shield TV is a great FE platform.  However, I still have
a minor issue that annoys me. Luckily there is a fix of sorts.

In the last few days I've received updates on mythtv to version v30
fixes (2:30.0+fixes.201903101906.60cfb7c~ubuntu18.04.1
).

My mythfrontend on Shield tv is 30.0-28....  However, I also received an
update to the Nvidia console yesterday as well and it's fixed a few things.

So mythfrontend on the Shield TV has one remaining issue as I see it. I
generally watch recorded OTA mpeg2 programs with too many commercials.
So I skip ahead and backup a lot.  At the end of each
skip-ahead-a-few-minutes/back-up-a-few-seconds operation, I find I still
have a lip sync problem.  It's off just enough to make me think I'm
watching a dubbed foreign film, or very drunk.

It's easily fixed by pausing a second and the hitting play again.

Is there a setting in the frontend that would do the equivalent of that
for me?

This is not major issue, but I live to find problems and fix them. :-)

Jim A