[mythtv-users] CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE -> multiple instances of mythfrontend

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Mar 13 01:10:01 UTC 2019

On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 16:41:01 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>I find it easier to use pidof
>
>I'm using bash:
>
>if [ ! "$(pidof mythfrontend)" ]
>then
>        echo "Mythfrontend is not started. Starting Mythfrontend..."
>        sleep 3
>        DISPLAY=:0 xset -dpms
>        ulimit -c unlimited
>        DISPLAY=:0 mythfrontend --syslog local7 -q 2>&1 &
>else
>        echo "Mythfrontend is already started."
>
>fi
>
>Doug

Using "pidof mythfrontend" will only find tasks called "mythfrontend".
There are no such tasks in Ubuntu, where the mythfrontend executable
file is renamed to "mythfrontend.real" and is run from a bash script
named "mythfrontend".  The task name for the bash script is "bash",
not "mythfrontend", so "pidof mythfrontend" will not find it either.
Hence I assume you can not be running Ubuntu.