[mythtv-users] transcode

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sun Mar 10 11:14:54 UTC 2019

Hi

since mythtranscode does not handle h264 I’ve been trying to use mythffmpeg.
The best I can gather via google is

ffmpeg -i "test.avi" -c:v libx264 -crf 20 -c:a aac -strict -2 “test.mp4"

mythffmpeg does not accept crf option. This is a quality setting.

I will explore native ffmpeg, but are there any ideas of doing lossless cuts (which you can’t do) with the native  tools.
Shotcut works well but it is a pain to do the cuts, and a pain to automate it. (maybe you can but I cannot find any doco)

Thanks
James