[mythtv-users] CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE -> multiple instances of mythfrontend

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 23:01:27 UTC 2019

On Sat, Mar 9, 2019 at 9:46 AM Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ian, thanks. That fixed the login problem but maybe there is another bug.
>
> I still am getting multiple mythfrontend.real running after CTRL-ALT-BS.
> That is really strange. I did CTRL-ALT-BS ten times and had 9 instances of
> mythfrontend running. Looks like mythfrontend.real either is not killed or
> restarts after it is killed
>
> lightdm.conf now looks like this
>
> *dad at NewMyth:~$ more /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf*
> *[SeatDefaults]*
> *display-stopped-script=pkill lightdm*
> *user-session=mythbuntu*
> *allow-guest=false*
> *#autologin-user=*
> *[Seat:*]*
> *autologin-guest=false*
> *autologin-user=dad*
> *autologin-user-timeout=0*
>
> I am running 28.2+fixes
>
> Allen

I did CTRL-ALT-BS twice so that there were three instances of mythfrontend
running.
I looked in the log and I see three of these lines differing only by
timestamp.  There are some lines before and after but all three of these
look to happen fairly quickly.
*Mar  9 13:53:45 NewMyth mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[3221]: C
thread_unknown mythcommandlineparser.cpp:2599 (ConfigureLogging)
mythfrontend version: fixes/0.28 [v0.28.2-6-g9031599] www.mythtv.org
<http://www.mythtv.org>*

For whatever reason, mythfrontend is getting started one more time than it
was last time.  Whatever is responsible for starting myth is not getting
killed when I kill X.

Allen