[mythtv-users] CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 21:20:42 UTC 2019

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 6:57 PM Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>
wrote:

> One alternative is to use lirc to assign a button on your remote to
> kill mythfrontend.real.  Lirc can be set up to run scripts using
> irexec.  The script would do a ps -e and find any running copies of
> mythbackend.real and kill them.  Then the mythfrontend script would
> see that mythfrontend.real had died and would restart it.

Stephen
I have tried this without success.  Here is what I did.
1) I modified a key definition to run irexec and change a key definition to
escape
2) I verified that the key was now the escape key
3) I changed the config action to "killall mythfrontend.real"
4) The key did nothing. Myth did not close and the pid did not change
5) I copied the config action to a terminal and it killed mythfrontend

By the way, myth does not restart when I kill it.

This is not exactly what you told me to do but it seemed like it should
work.

Allen