[mythtv-users] CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 04:12:09 UTC 2019

I am almost there.  Just two problem.

Editing  /etc/default/keyboard to
XKBOPTIONS="terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
This made CTRL-ALT-BS restart X almost.

The almost is that there is still a logon prompt.  I googled this to death
and found tons of answers that did not work.  That problem is that even
after I disabled passwords for my username, it still has the login prompt
so I have to hit ENTER to start X. I could live with this if I have to.

The other problem is that sometimes (half my tries so far) I end up with
two instances of mythfrontend and when we start a show, we hear an echo in
the voices as I guess both are running. This one is much more difficult to
live with.  I can see two instances in top as well as a (2) on the taskbar.

Allen