[mythtv-users] Problem with v30 Rpmfusion RPMS

Michael mythtv at blandford.net
Wed Mar 6 16:45:09 UTC 2019

On 3/6/19 6:53 AM, Jerry wrote:
> I upgraded this morning and I could not add my HDHomerun tuner.  The
> option was missing from mythtv-setup.  I looked at the SPEC file but
> didn't see a reference to any HDHomerun libraries.  I also did not see
> any reference to those libraries for the Debian compile instructions,
> so maybe that's not the issue.
>
> I just wanted to give a heads-up in case anyone else needs a HDHomerun
> in their setup.  I went back to my old v29 version for the time being.
>
> In case the below output matters, I have included it here.  I posted
> this also to the RPMFusion bugzilla.

I had upgraded to the packages from testing a few days ago and noticed I
had no shows in my upcoming recording schedule and rolled back.    After
seeing your note today, I tried upgrading again.   I see the same
issue.  Looking through the backend logs, I see:

019-03-06 09:40:19.752247 E [32044/32044] CoreContext
recorders/channelbase.cpp:789 (CreateChannel) - ChannelBase:
CreateChannel() Error:
HDHOMERUN card configured on video device 103CA949,
but MythTV was not compiled with HDHOMERUN support.

Recompile MythTV with HDHOMERUN support or remove the card
from the configuration and restart MythTV.

2019-03-06 09:40:19.752253 E [32044/32044] CoreContext
main_helpers.cpp:205 (setupTVs) - Problem with capture cards. Card 1
failed init

So, it does look like the rpmfusion packages are missing HDHOMERUN support.

I will roll back for now.

Michael