[mythtv-users] Shield TV Video Settings

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 16:40:43 UTC 2019



On 3/3/19 11:24 AM, john.baab at gmail.com wrote:
> What settings is everyone using on their Shield TVs?  My content is
> mainly from US based HDHomerun CC's.  A large majority of my channels
> are h264 now, but I still have a few mpeg2 ones sticking around.
>
> The recommended settings on the wiki didn't work well for the mpeg2 content:
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Android
>
> So I ended up going with a modified version of the 2nd entry:
> Decoder: Android MediaCodec decoder
> Video Render: opengl
> Deinterlacers: Disabled
>
> My understanding is that the MediaCodec automagically deinterlaces,
> and I saw some studdering with deinterlacers enabled.  I haven't had a
> chance to compare the different opengl options to see if one works
> better than the other.
> _______________________________________________
>
This may be the same problem that Mark Spieth found on h264 interlaced 
content from Australia. The mediacodec decoder is getting confused 
between interlaced and progressive and continuously flipping between the 
two. I don't yet know the cause, but it seems to work much better to use 
standard (software) decoder in this case.




More information about the mythtv-users mailing list