[mythtv-users] adding HDHR to system

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 18:06:21 UTC 2019

On 2/26/19 5:55 PM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
> Last project was eliminating my HDHR Quatro and replacing it with a
> Hauppauge WinTV Quad.
>
> That is complete and I'm using XMLTV sdjson_sqlite grabber.  At this
> point I'm stable, but on occasions I'm recording on all 4 channels of
> the WinTV and thought about adding the Quatro back for Live TV only.
>
> I can use the HDHomerun Viewer to watch live tv on the Quatro, but
> it's not integrated with Mythtv.
>
> So my question is can I add the Quatro back into mythtv using the
> Blackbox external recorder, mythhdhrrecorder, and still use my exiting
> EPG database I setup for the WinTV using tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite. I
> don't want to screw up my exiting recordings or pending recordings.
> Can I setup the mythtvhdhrrecorder to use my existing SD XMLTV source
> or do I have to have a new video source just for the mythhdhrrecorder???
>
> Jim A

I did some experimenting and I found that you can NOT just add a
mythhdhrrecorder tuner and have it use the existing Video Source used by
other tuners (WinTV QuadHD). It fails on open.

So my question: Is there a requirement that each Capture Card have its
own separate Video Source defined even if each Video Source is using
SchedulesDirect XMLTV sdjson grabber_sqlite? My assumption is a 4 tuner
card would use the same video source for all 4 tuners. Possibly if you
had 2 exact same model Capture Cards then they they might use the same
Video Source.

Are there any hard and fast rules on when you can use the same video
source??

Jim A