[mythtv-users] missing keybinds on some FE's

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 17:31:24 UTC 2019

On 3/2/19 6:21 AM, Tim Draper wrote:
> i've a number of FE's in my mythtv deployment and i've just come to
> upgrade the last one to v30.
> TOGGLEBOOKMARK keybind has reset to null on all the other FE's i've
> upgraded so i've gone in to rebind it on this last FE, via mythweb
> interface. It's missing - simply not there.
> Also noticed a missing jumppoint on those that miss TOGGLEBOOKMARK;
> 'Live TV In Guide'. There could be more discrepencies but
> TOGGLEBOOKMARK is the one i specifically need.
>
> Over the years i've accumulated a number of other FE names that remain
> in the db and appears half of them have TOGGLEBOOKMARK keybind, and
> half don't. There doesnt appear to be any consistency between those
> that do and don't.
>
> is there a way to fix? worth a bug report? or shall i dig out the info
> on how to remove an FE from the DB and start again?
>

> thanks,
> Tim

TOGGLEBOOKMARK is a new feature with V30, so you won't find it in V29.
There is also a new key assignment SETBOOKMARK. The difference is
SETBOOKMARK always sets a bookmark even if already set.

There is no default setting for these keys so on a new frontend, they
must be explicitly assigned. Previously the select key (space/enter) was
always used to set bookmarks with no ability to change space/enter to
something else, so now there is flexibility on the use of space and enter.

Key assignments should not disappear from a frontend once set.