[mythtv-users] MythTV miscalculates the amount of free disk space

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 10:19:29 UTC 2019

All,

In my previous message I talked about problems encountered while adding
new disks (storage groups). Having now done that, by adding them
manually to the database (while all mythtv processes were down) I would
like to report another problem.

The two new disks are completely identical to each other: same size
SSDs, the ext4 filesystems have been created within seconds of one
another, both contain only a mythtv directory in the filesystem root,
and the disks are otherwise empty.

According to mythweb, the backend thinks that the two new disks are in
fact one and the same disk - see Drive #3 in the following:

Disk Usage Details:
  MythTV Drive #1:
    Directories: dracor:/mnt/disk4/mythtv, dracor:/mnt/disk4/mythtv/livetv
    Total Space: 3,755,457 MB
    Space Used: 3,605,479 MB
    Space Free: 149,977 MB
  MythTV Drive #2:
    Directory: dracor:/mnt/disk5/mythtv
    Total Space: 3,755,457 MB
    Space Used: 3,609,826 MB
    Space Free: 145,630 MB
  MythTV Drive #3:
    Directories: dracor:/mnt/disk7/mythtv, dracor:/mnt/disk8/mythtv
    Total Space: 1,877,665 MB
    Space Used: 95,469 MB
    Space Free: 1,782,196 MB
  MythTV Drive #4: