[mythtv-users] HDHR replaced but MythTV cannot find the tuner

R Kannan rk111810 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 21:41:54 UTC 2019

All,

My old HDHomeRun - Dual tuner had quit and I bought a new HDHR3 Connect
tuner to replace it.

I tested it with HD HomeRun Config GUI and it seemed to tune into my OTR
channels.

In MythTV Backend setup, I removed all cards, added the new cards (2),
created the connections, scanned for and added the channels and
everything looked OK. But when I tried to run the frontend and tried to
watch Live TV, it came back with "All Tuners are currently busy" .

I checked the mythweb Status and it showed 4 'Encoders' with two of them
missing as below:

Encoder 1 [ UNKNOWN ] is local on HP-DVR and is not recording.
Encoder 2 [ UNKNOWN ] is local on HP-DVR and is not recording.
Encoder 5 [ HDHOMERUN : 104E4F32-0 ] is local on HP-DVR and is not
recording.
Encoder 6 [ HDHOMERUN : 104E4F32-0 ] is local on HP-DVR and is not
recording.

Perhaps the old card was not completely deleted and it is trying to tune
using the old card that does not exist.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help.