[mythtv-users] MythTV and Hotstar streaming

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 05:09:37 UTC 2019

> >What would I need to do, if it's even possible, to record the match
> streams to
> >watch later?
>
> How does it work?  What do the URLs look like?  If they are simple
> URLs, then you can create a network tuner and set up the URL as a
> channel for it to record from.

An alternative approach is to stream them on your PC and use a browser
addon to save the video locally to your PC.The one I'v e used for this is
called Video DownloadHelper. It's available for Firefox and Chrome but I
think the Firefox extension has been around longer than the Chrome one so
that's the one I use. The downside is that you have to manually kick off
the download but as the matches last so long you can do it at any during
the live stream so there's bound to be a sociable time to do it.