[mythtv-users] UK Freeview channel numbers shuffle

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 09:37:29 UTC 2019

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 at 11:13, John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I saw a newspaper ad yesterday saying that "Yesterday" had moved to
> Freeview 25.  I did an "All known transports" scan, which gave it a much
> larger channel number.  A second scan fixed it for me, but what happens
> might depend on options chosen.  "Dave" has moved too, to 19.  Probably
> a few more as well.

An unexpected channel number can be caused by a timeout on a transport
scan. If you get that it has usually missed the NIT; in that case the
logical channel numbers are not known and then the service id's are
used as channel numbers instead. This are usually high numbers.

With the option (in master) of "Logical Channel Numbers required" only
channels with a logical channel number are selected.

Groetjes,
Klaas.