[mythtv-users] DVD/Blu-Ray set-up

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Jun 6 16:13:20 UTC 2019

On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 11:37:47 -0400, you wrote:

>On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 5:00 AM Stephen Worthington <
>stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

>> when

>> wont
>> properly? Is
>> Daryl

>> >No. Where can I find it to do so?
>>
>> From a command prompt:
>>
>> stephen at mypvr:~$ groups
>> stephen adm cdrom sudo dip video plugdev syslog mythtv sambashare
>> lpadmin wireshark vboxusers lirc
>>
>> So my normal mythfrontend user is a member of the cdrom group.
>>
>> stephen at mypvr:~$ sudo -u mythtv groups
>> [sudo] password for stephen:
>> mythtv dialout cdrom audio video lirc
>>
>> And so is the mythtv user.
>>
>> If, for example, the mythtv user is not a member of cdrom, then this
>> will fix it:
>>
>> sudo usermod -a -G cdrom mythtv
>>
>daryl at trieli:~$ groups
>daryl adm cdrom sudo dip plugdev lpadmin sambashare mythtv
>daryl at trieli:~$ sudo -u mythtv groups
>[sudo] password for daryl:
>mythtv dialout cdrom audio video
>daryl at trieli:~$
>From your example Stephen, it looks like my groups are fine. The problem
>persists however. When I attempt to adjust the player settings I can't just
>re-type the path, as I did in .25, now in .29 I must follow a directory
>progression, and I'm unable to select /dev/sr0. Is this behaviour any
>different in .30? Is ther another way to adjust my setting?

You are right, there seems to be a bug there.  I just tried it in v30.
Mine is still set to /dev/sr0, as it has been for many versions of
MythTV, but when I try to set it to that now using the GUI, it does
not work.  I can not see any sr0 under the /dev folder, and when I
type in /dev/sr0 and use the up arrow to go directly to the OK button,
it reverts to /.  You should probably file a bug report about this.

So you may need to use SQL commands to set it, for now.  In my
database, there are two settings that use /dev/sr0:

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from settings where data like '%sr0%';
+------------------------+----------+----------+
| value                  | data     | hostname |
+------------------------+----------+----------+
| MythArchiveDVDLocation | /dev/sr0 | mypvr    |
| DVDDeviceLocation      | /dev/sr0 | mypvr    |
+------------------------+----------+----------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Your settings will have different hostnames.  They are per frontend
settings, so there can be different values for each frontend hostname.
If you want to use SQL, this should work:

Find the settings you want to change and the correct hostname:

sudo mysql
use mythconverg;
select * from settings where value='MythArchiveDVDLocation' or
value='DVDDeviceLocation';
quit

Then in the following, substitute the hostname you found for <your
hostname> (twice):

sudo mysql
use mythconverg;
update settings set data='/dev/sr0' where
value='MythArchiveDVDLocation' and hostname='<your hostname>';
update settings set data='/dev/sr0' where value='DVDDeviceLocation'
and hostname='<your hostname>';
# Check that the updates worked.
select * from settings where data like '/dev/sr%';
quit