[mythtv-users] Mythtv-setup in master: sorting of channel list output
johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 18:05:52 UTC 2019
On 30/07/2019 12:19, Klaas de Waal wrote:
> I like the idea of sorting the Updated, Inserted and Skipped channel
> lists also. It is a bit more work as these are printed out when
> encountered and not collected into a list that can be sorted. In the
> meantime you maybe want to try out the latest features I've added:
> keep existing channel numbers and "OK All". Described in ticket
Thanks for the reply - and the reworking. I had a feeling the sorting
might be more complicated; since everything is present, and the initial
list *is* sorted, there's no real problem.
I have a229c27 running with DVB-T and DVB-T/T2 systems, and rescanned
this morning. Channels marked as 'possible' were dropped but reinserted
after another single-transport scan marked them as 'probable,' and all
seems good. I didn't have to respond to any new features. The
transports that sometimes give trouble are transmitted at lower power,
and wet trees are another variable factor.
Recently I have skipped the setup steps other than the channel scans,
because it looked as if nothing there had changed and a lot of time
seems to be spent looking for features that I know I don't have; there
was another recent post asking about that, and some TLC there would be
good - but with my fairly basic systems the overall experience has been
For completeness I should add another comment. I have just updated my
kubuntu 18.04 laptop on which the last recording was made in late April.
It's also running today's master, a229c27 from the PPA, and with the
same USB MyGica DVB-T/T2 tuner. On the first attempts to update the
channel list, using 'all known transports,' some transports locked but
gave no channels. I saved and quit and rescanned several times before
all the transports reported 'probable' channels. It's OK now.
More information about the mythtv-users