[mythtv-users] Linux: Replacement for lirc_zilog driver

Justin Alcorn justin at jalcorn.net
Thu Jul 25 12:30:24 UTC 2019

Update:

I removed the i2c module:

# modprobe -r ir-kbd-i2c

And scheduled a bunch of recordings via the hdpvr... Obviously, knowing
that the channel wouldn't change.

All the recordings were successful.

I then reloaded the module.   All recordings fail, sometimes within 5
minutes.   So clearly the driver just doesn't work with the HD-PVR.

Has anyone gotten HDPVR IR blasting working on a newer kernel that doesn't
have lirc_zilog?

Or what other opetions for IR blasting would there be?   I guess I never
thought about the fact that there's no reason it has to be the HDPVR
changing the channel.