[mythtv-users] Status of Win32 builds for MythTV

Janusz S. Bień jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Mon Jul 22 10:20:17 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jul 22 2019 at 10:56 +01, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 22/07/2019 10:22, Phill Edwards wrote:
>
>> On my 0.29 MythTV setup, if I go to Mythweb > Recorded Programs and
>> click the "ASX Stream" icon against one of them it downloads an ASX
>> file to my PC which takes approx 2 seconds. When I open that ASX
>> file VLC opens to stream the recording to my PC. So you don't have
>> to download the whole video.
>
> That's news to me.  I'm not in a position to try it now, but could it
> be a solution to Janusz's problem with MythTV and his Oculus Pro?

I understand this option is available in the deprecated (?) Mythweb, but
in the WebFrontend you can select Recordings > Watch and then you have 3
options "Play in Browser", "XSPF/M3U8/ASX" and "Download". I remembered
"Play in Browser" option (which doesn't work for me), but forgot about
the other two - thanks for reminding. I will test their usefulness for
my purpose.

BTW, I don't know how difficult it is but the best way to maintain the
Windows version is IMHO crosscompilation.

You can have a look at

https://bitbucket.org/mrudolf/djview-poliqarp/src/d1fed97a5d2c05d150875f12c99cb545c3476d58/Windows-cross-compile.md

as an example. I used it without problems on several occasions but never
tried to undestand how it actually works, so I have no idea whether it
is adaptable to any other purpose.

Best regards

Janusz

--