[mythtv-users] Linux: Replacement for lirc_zilog driver

Justin Alcorn justin at jalcorn.net
Mon Jul 22 02:34:20 UTC 2019

So with the upgrade to 18.04, it isn't just that LIRC was broken - They
took the entire lirc_zilog driver way.

They replaced it with ir-kbd-ic2, the notice is here:
https://www.mess.org/2017/12/18/What-s-coming-in-v4-16-for-rc-core/

So now it doesn't use the lirc.conf I was using to send IR blaster
information from the HDPVR to my STB.  I did see in the dmesg the notice
"add enable_hdpvr parameter", so I created /etc/modprobe.d/ir-kbd-ic2.conf
with the line

options ir-kbd-ic2 enable_hdpvr

I now use my script that I used before and it lights up the HDPVR and no
errors are generated - but also, no information is sent to the STB.

Has anyone found documentation on how to use this driver to send blaster
information via the HDPVR ?

--
Justin B. Alcorn
The views expressed are not necessarily my own, much less anyone else's