[mythtv-users] Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS do-release-upgrade with Mythtv

Justin Alcorn justin at jalcorn.net
Sun Jul 21 17:05:21 UTC 2019

Stephen  -

Thanks for the script, I was hoping you could help with my problem.  I
don't use the Mythtv Frontend, but I use LIRC to control my HDPVR.

I upgraded my original 16.04 system to 18.04 so it would update any
databases, then copied everything over to shiny new clean-built 18.04
system. ( https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Zpw6Mp )

The hd=pvr itself is working - cat /dev/video- > test.ts results ina  good
file.

But there's no lirc_zilog to load, and no indication on how to install it.

$ sudo modprobe lirc_zilog
modprobe: FATAL: Module lirc_zilog not found in directory
/lib/modules/4.18.0-25-generic

I found the following message in dmesg:

[    5.605079] ir-kbd-i2c 16-0071: IR for HDPVR is known to cause problems
during recording, use enable_hdpvr modparam to enable

So I created /etc/modprobe.d/ir_kbd-i2c.conf with the line:

options ir-kbd-i2c enable_hdpvr

# ls -l /dev/lir*
crw-rw---- 1 root video 237, 0 Jul 21 12:54 /dev/lirc0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      15 Jul 21 12:18 /dev/lircd -> /run/lirc/lircd

I'm now getting this in dmesg:

root at gossamer:~# dmesg | grep hdpvr
[    5.192866] hdpvr 1-5:1.0: firmware version 0x1e dated Mar  7 2012
08:25:15
[    6.198966] hdpvr 1-5:1.0: device now attached to video0
[    6.198992] usbcore: registered new interface driver hdpvr
root at gossamer:~# dmesg | grep lir
[    6.996176] rc rc0: lirc_dev: driver ir_kbd_i2c registered at minor = 0,
scancode receiver, raw IR transmitter

root at gossamer:~# irsend --device=/dev/lircd SEND_ONCE blaster 0_41_KEY_POWER

hardware does not support sending
Error running command: Input/output error
root at gossamer:~# irsend --device=/dev/lirc0 SEND_ONCE blaster 0_41_KEY_POWER
do_connect: could not connect to socket
connect: Connection refused
Cannot open socket /dev/lirc0: Connection refused

I'm stuck at this point......

--
Justin B. Alcorn
The views expressed are not necessarily my own, much less anyone else's