[mythtv-users] culprit found?

Janusz S. Bień jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Sun Jul 21 08:39:44 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jul 21 2019 at  3:01 -05, Greg Oliver wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 3:12 AM Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

[...]

>  You can either disable the /etc/init.d script, or you can rename your
>  mythbackend.service file to mythtv-backend.service, in which case
>  systemd will ignore the init script in favour of the proper systemd
>  unit.  To disable the init script, I think this is the right way to do
>  it:
>
>  update-rc.d mythtv-backend disable
>
> His current systemd unit for mythtv-backend calls the init script as it's start=

After following Stephen's advice the WebFrontend works OK after
rebooting, which is just what I wanted.

Personally I have no motivation to investigate the matter further, as
the deep understanding of systemd is not my goal :-) But if somebody has
some specific questions about my configuration I will be only too happy
to answer them.

Best regards

Janusz

--