[mythtv-users] Web Frontend stopped working yesterday

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 14:18:18 UTC 2019

On 7/19/19 7:38 AM, Janusz S. Bień wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 19 2019 at 22:02 +12, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> When mythbackend is already running, a "mythbackend --setverbose"
>> command simply sends the new log options to the running copy.  Which
>> it did - from your log output above:
>>
>>    Sent 'SET_VERBOSE http:debug,upnp:debug' message
>>
>> If you want to set the same options on mythbackend when it starts up,
>> the option is "--verbose", not "--setverbose".  They take the same
>> parameters.  If you run "mythbackend --help" and "mythbackend -v
>> help", you will get a list of the options.
>
> Thanks for reminding, but I had something else in mind: in my case the
> interesting things worth logging happen only when the backend starts.
>
> I posted already a sample of the start log.

In the logs I could find in this thread, a 2nd instance of mythbackend was started:

     ... Error 8: The bound address is already in use

Make sure all instances are stopped: sudo systemctl stop mythbackend and then ps ax | grep mythbackend
to verify that no others are running, kill as required.

It appears that you're using /etc/init.d/mythtv-backend, and systemd starts it,
you can modify the line in that file to get additional HTTP logging at startup
by editing the line that starts mythbackend there.

Other info shows a loglevel of crit, change that to general otherwise most logs
would be lost.

Use the logging options above that Stephen suggested, e.g. --verbose http:debug.

Once setup, start the backend again: sudo systemctl start mythtv-backend, attempt to
connect to WebFrontend from you favorite browser and put the complete log for that
run in a pastebin. Post the pastebin link here. Please be sure to mention the time
that the attempt to connect to WebFrontend was made so it can be matched with log
entries.

--
Bill