[mythtv-users] Web Frontend stopped working yesterday

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 06:10:11 UTC 2019

On 7/19/19 12:45 AM, Janusz S. Bień wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 12 2019 at  7:24 +02, Janusz S. Bień wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> That's happened again after reboot to Windows and back (no other possibly
>> relevant action on my side).
>
> [...]
>
>> On Sat, Mar 09 2019 at  6:48 +00, Ian Cameron wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>> Enable logging on the back-end and start looking through the logs
>>> generated to see if the cause of the problem can be found there.
>>
>> Which loglevel do you suggest?
>
> I looked at all available log options and I don't see anything relevant
> for the internal web server, which is definitely the culprit.
>
> Any suggestions?

mythbackend --setverbose http:debug,upnp:debug

will produce lots log lines for WebFrontend, you might even leave off the ,upnp:debug
for starters.

Assuming the backend is listening: ss --options state all '( sport = 6544 or dport = 6544 )'

Or test the backend with: nmap -p 6544 --reason yourBackend  expect to see:
6544/tcp open  mythtv  syn-ack on the last line of output.

--
Bill