[mythtv-users] The video format served by MythTV

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 15:37:57 UTC 2019

>>    mp4 m4v 3gp 3g2
>>    webm mkv wmv avi
>>
>> Searching for handbrake on http://www.mythtv.org/wiki , there are several solutions for converting video.
>>
>> The caveat to these solutions is that these are tools that can be used to convert, but you must come up with the
>> Steps required to do ‘automatic’ conversions.
>>
>> With that said, you can define custom jobs within mythtv that can be performed on recorded material.
>>
>> All the answers you need can be found on the wiki above!
>
> I believe you, but the anwers are not sufficiently explicit for me.

Using mythtv does require some knowledge of Linux, so I am going to suggest something Microsoft Windows based that may be easier for you as follows:

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-download <https://www.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-download>

I don’t know much about it other than as indicated, it is windows based. The link above should help you install and configure it.

I hope it works better for you!

Regards!