[mythtv-users] Can't build fixes/30 from source on Gentoo

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 13:26:03 UTC 2019

On 6/27/19, mythtv <mythtv at mdabbs.org> wrote:
> I'm guessing someone must have built fixes/30 on Gentoo by now. I get
> the following error:
>
> libavdevice/alsa.c: In function ‘ff_alsa_close’:
> libavdevice/alsa.c:306:9: error: ‘CONFIG_ALSA_INDEV’ undeclared (first
> use in this function); did you mean ‘CONFIG_VALGRIND’?
>       if (CONFIG_ALSA_INDEV)
>           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>           CONFIG_VALGRIND
>

> If I remove alsa-lib from my machine to get ffmpeg to ignore it, then I
> get a different error:
>
> libavdevice/avdevice.c: In function ‘avdevice_configuration’:
> libavdevice/avdevice.c:72:12: error: ‘FFMPEG_CONFIGURATION’ undeclared
> (first use in this function); did you mean ‘FFMPEG_VERSION’?
>       return FFMPEG_CONFIGURATION;
>              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>              FFMPEG_VERSION
>

> I'm on Gentoo, gcc 8.3.0. It fails pretty much immediately when trying
> to build.

I just noticed this today. I can't imagine what's going on there to be
honest. Assuming you're not looking to install any of the plugins,
I've attached an ebuild here that should work:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/688084

It's the one that says "with additional requirements". Note however
that it needs the patch to the configure script that's attached there
as well. The only other catch is that it seems that when using
gcc-8.3.0 you need the "dvb" USE flag or the compile fails very late
in the compile:

https://bugs.gentoo.org/683280

Hope this helps.

Tom