[mythtv-users] The video format served by MythTV

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 13:17:20 UTC 2019

> On Jul 11, 2019, at 8:38 AM, Janusz S. Bień <jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jul 11 2019 at  6:11 +02, Janusz S. Bień wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 10 2019 at 18:12 +02, Janusz S. Bień wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> A moment ago I asked Oculus about the formats supported by Gallery.
>
> Oculus responded quite quickly: the supported formats are listed at
>
> https://support.oculus.com/164308327569416/#faq_164308327569416
>
> namely
>
>    mp4 m4v 3gp 3g2
>    webm mkv wmv avi

Searching for handbrake on http://www.mythtv.org/wiki <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki> , there are several solutions for converting video.

The caveat to these solutions is that these are tools that can be used to convert, but you must come up with the
Steps required to do ‘automatic’ conversions.

With that said, you can define custom jobs within mythtv that can be performed on recorded material.

All the answers you need can be found on the wiki above!

Good luck, and regards!