[mythtv-users] v30 upgrade - Changing Android Frontend Name

Jon Boehm jon.s.boehm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 20:40:42 UTC 2019

Hi,

How would I perverse the current setting for MythFrontend on Android if I
change the custom id in the frontend?   In anticipation for sideloading a
new v30 binary I want to give my frontend a reusable name before I
upgrade.  If I change the name on my current v29 install will it save the
current frontend setting under the new resuable name?  All of my current
setting are working great on v29 and I'd like to preserve them when
upgrading to v30.

INFO - When launching MythFrontend on Android for the first time it
generates a custom frontend name, android-xxxxx where xxxxx is a random
string of hexadecimal numbers.  This is changeable from Setup -> General ->
Database Configuration ->Use Custom Identifier.

Source of name change info - https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Android

Thanks