[mythtv-users] Frontend Recommendation

Steve Greene sgreene820 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 18:03:54 UTC 2019

Joe,
I'd probably go with an Nvidia Shield, but I think it requires you upgrade
to v30. Otherwise a NUC is perfectly serviceable. It doesn't offer the same
options for de-interlacing 1080i, but I think that deficiency is only
obnoxious with fast moving action (sports) or the crawl under news
programming. I don't think the latest and greatest is required to get
acceptable results.

Steve

Steve Greene
(301) 842-8923
historicity.co
An independent archival professional specializing in still photography,
moving images and recorded sound.