[mythtv-users] Previous recordings have disappeared

Darby Vicker darby.vicker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 03:53:21 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 8:45 PM Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/30/19 9:20 PM, Darby Vicker wrote:

> >> A single line is expected. I'd do this:
> >>
> >>     curl --output /tmp/recordinglist.out --silent yourBackendIPorHostname:6544/Dvr/GetRecordedList
> >>
> >> The /tmp/recordinglist.out will have the single line. Using an editor,
> >> find the 256491th character. Then look at the surrounding text to locate
> >> the offending recording. You should see keys like: <Title> and <StartTime>
> >> nearby. In vi, 25648l would position on it, if starting at the 1st character.
> >>
> >> Above if Roger's suggestion doesn't locate the error. It's also very possible
> >> that there's another problem after this one, and the column # would change. If
> >> you end up chasing too many faults, restoring from an old backup may be the
> >> solution.
> >
> > It looks like this is the problem:
> >
> > <ChannelName>KQD^@</ChannelName>
> >
> > I looked at the http://yourBackendIPorHostname:6544/Dvr/wsdl and its
> > not immediately clear how to use that to delete a recording. If anyone
> > has some pointers to identifying and then deleting those recordings,
> > that would be helpful.
>
> See: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/DVR_Service#DeleteRecording
>
> You can use curl again. If the <RecordedId> is in available, it's easier.
> Otherwise, you need ChanId and StartTime. Something like:
>
>    curl --data RecordedId=fromYourDump yourBackendIPorHostname:6544/Dvr/DeleteRecording
>
> I assume KQD is one of the "other channels" you cleaned up in a previous
> post.

Excellent - thanks for reference to delete the recording.

I think KQD is one of the other channels I cleaned up.  I've got a
recording going on now but when its done I'm going to check.

It looks like I have quite a few showings recorded from the KQD
channel - its in the list output from curl 10+ times.  Can I perform
surgery on the SQL database to remove the problem character and save
the recordings or is that going to cause other problems?  I can think
of two ways to do this - 1) straight SQL commands or 2) make a backup
(which I'll do anyway), make a copy of that, modify the copy and the
restore the copy.