[mythtv-users] Previous recordings have disappeared

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 30 17:08:14 UTC 2019


On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 08:25:54 -0700
Darby Vicker <darby.vicker at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 7:44 AM Roger Siddons
> <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> >
> 
> I'm at work now but I ssh-ed in and was able to use curl to hit the
> channel list URL.  If I copy that file back and open in my browswer,
> it looks fine and has no errors.  But I'm not sure if this would have
> failed before - I didn't try that before I edited the channels this
> morning.
> 
> > If that fails (as before) then the last channel listed needs fixing.
> > Repeat until you see an XML list of channel data.  
> 
> That is not what failed before - it failed when I hit the recording
> URL.
> 

Recordings don't contain any channel data; they just reference the same
(database) channel you edited and you retrieved via curl. They should
all be showing the same thing.

> > Then try the url for recordings again.
> > When you get an XML list of recordings (might take a while for
> > browser to parse) then the frontend should work again.  
> 
> The recordings URL is still failing in the same spot as before.  I
> seems like like I'd have to fix the database for the recordings that
> are having a problem.
> 

Are you sure that's not just the browser cache showing you the old
page ? Or was that via curl also ?

Did you restart the backend after your edits ? Although I don't see why
that would be necessary in this case.

From your dump it looks like the id of that recording is 17.
http://yourBackendIPorHostname:6544/Dvr/wsdl
will show you ways to check and delete it if you really want to.

> > How did you update your channels originally ?  
> 
> I just did a channel scan in the channel editor of myth-setup.

Looking back, you say it was working after the scan. And yet now the
channel table is/was full of weird characters. Something has corrupted
it.

Probably easiest to delete all your channels and rescan. And hope
nothing else in the database got corrupted.

Otherwise restore from a backup, as Bill said. And hope it doesn't
happen again...

BTW, we have a v30 buildbot running CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810
(Core)
https://code.mythtv.org/buildbot/#/builders/27/builds/30

Hopefully ansible would take care of your dependencies 
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Build_from_Source#Installing_Build_Dependencies_with_Ansible



More information about the mythtv-users mailing list