[mythtv-users] Shield fronrend and video playback times

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 16:32:59 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 10:26 AM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/28/19 10:27 AM, Greg Oliver wrote:
>
> I see frequent issues with time calculations on some recordings - in other
> words, while the video is still playing, the progress show it at the end
> already.
>
> I watch Nova (and others) on PBS here and they all show the symptom.  I am
> unsure exactly when it happens, but I have watched 3 this morning and they
> all jump to the end.  If I set a bookmark, it actually sets it at the end
> of the video even though there is really 20 minutes left to play.
>
> Recorded from HDHR.  I see it on other local channels as well, but not as
> frequent and I have not analysed video when it happens.
>
> Anyone else experience this?
>
> Video Info:
> ID                                       : 2803 (0xAF3)
> Complete name                            : 7131_20190110020000.ts
> Format                                   : MPEG-TS
> File size                                : 3.70 GiB
> Duration                                 : 59 min 57 s
> Overall bit rate mode know                   : Variable
> Overall bit rate                         : 8 837 kb/s
> Law rating                               : TV-G
>
> Video
> ID                                       : 49 (0x31)
> Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
> Format                                   : MPEG Video
> Format version                           : Version 2
> Format profile                           : Main at High
> Format settings                          : BVOP
> Format settings, BVOP                    : Yes
> Format settings, Matrix                  : Default
> Format settings, GOP                     : Variable
> Format settings, picture structure       : Frame
> Codec ID                                 : 2
> Duration                                 : 59 min 57 s
> Bit rate mode                            : Variable
> Bit rate                                 : 7 754 kb/s
> Maximum bit rate                         : 80.0 Mb/s
> Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
> Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
> Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
> Active Format Description                : Letterbox 16:9 image
> Frame rate                               : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS
> Color space                              : YUV
> Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
> Bit depth                                : 8 bits
> Scan type                                : Interlaced
> Scan order                               : Top Field First
> Compression mode                         : Lossy
> Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.125
> Stream size                              : 3.25 GiB (88%)
>
> Audio #1
> ID                                       : 52 (0x34)
> Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
> Format                                   : AC-3
> Format/Info                              : Audio Coding 3
> [...]

Yes - this is Shield only - I am in the same room as the Shield and the
backend / frontend combo I have.  I can play the same stuff (Nova on PBS
happens 100% of the time) on both, but using the frontend/backend combo, it
works properly.

I am using the wiki settings you posted verbatim, so avsync2 - yes.

-Greg